Thursday, December 15, 2005

Da Po’ Boy Goes Off Topic

I always thought it was a little exaggerated when people made fun of professional athletes referring to themselves in the third person. But, in today’s Times-Pic we have these quotes (all emphasis mine):
Aaron Brooks on his performance this season:
“It's not that I'm disappointed in how I've played this season. One season does not define who Aaron Brooks is. And I've got many things to look forward to in the future, personally, on the field and off the field.”

Joe Horn on Brooks’ benching:
“It's a sad day. It's a sad day for Joe Horn because that's the only guy who's been throwing me the ball for the past five, six years. So I'd be stupid to stand here and tell you that I'm happy that it happened.”

Darren Howard on being placed on the inactive list:
“The bottom line is this situation has nothing to do with Darren Howard's knee," Howard said. "This is all about Darren Howard and the New Orleans Saints not growing with each other. That's the bottom line.”
In this crazy world of hero worship, even the heroes worship themselves. That’s how da po’ boy sees it, anyway.

No comments: