Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Damn It Feels Good to Be the President

Your Right Hand Thief yields to 50 Cent's authority on whether George W. Bush is a gangsta. 50 thinks he is a gangsta. But, I respectfully disagree, and cite the Geto Boys on what a gangsta really is:

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
A real gangsta-ass ni**a plays his cards right
A real gangsta-ass ni**a never runs his f*ckin mouth
Cuz real gangsta-ass ni**as don't start fights
And ni**as always gotta high cap
Showin' all his boys how he shot em
But real gangsta-ass ni**as don't flex nuts
Cuz real gangsta-ass ni**as know they got em
And everythings cool in the mind of a gangsta
Cuz gangsta-ass ni**as think deep
Up three-sixty-five a year 24/7
Cuz real gangsta ass ni**as don't sleep

W never plays his cards right (see Iraq), always runs his mouth (Bring ‘em on), starts fights and never finishes them (see Afghanistan), does nothing but flex his nuts (see political capital), everything’s not cool in his mind, and think deep? C’mon.

He’s not a gangsta. He’s a prankster.

And Verse 4 of the above song is a good example of satire, a “real-ass” gangsta using “gangsta” a pejorative term:

And now, a word from the President!
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
Gettin voted into the White House
Everything lookin good to the people of the world
But the Mafia family is my boss
So every now and then I owe a favor gettin' down
like lettin' a big drug shipment through
And send 'em to the poor community
So we can bust you know who
So voters of the world keep supportin' me
And I promise to take you very far
Other leaders better not upset me
Or I'll send a million troops to die at war
To all you Republicans, that helped me win
I sincerely like to thank you
Cuz now I got the world swingin' from my nuts
And damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Full disclosure: I know nothing of what it is to be a gangsta. Da Po’ Boy had his high school moments riding around in the hooptie with the 6x9’s propped up in the back with towels and the amplifier in the glove box pumping Dr. Dre and the Chronic. But if I were a gangsta, this name generator says my name would be “Head Cop Killa.” Yikes.

Bush is "Janky Hoopti Rida." Make your own jokes.

(edited for sensitivity)

No comments: